Friday 18 May 2012

(Semi)Normal transmission resumes

Oh boy, it's been so long since I did this that the whole blogger thing seems unfamiliar to me.......
It feels great to be back though, and I know I've missed reading everyone's news and happenings!

Things are good here, my Dad is recovering from surgery and looking forward to a smooth journey ahead now.      These kinds of bumps in the road are what makes me appreciate my family and also our wonderful friends even more, we simply couldn't get there without them.  I have had lots of 'checking in on you' emails and messages, so thanks for thinking of us!!

You'd think that in a 2 and a half month break from blogging I'd have lots of stitching to share but sorry that is not the case at all.  Very little stitching happened here, it's not through a lack of wanting to, but it just hasn't happened.    We did have a week in April in beautiful Noosa in Queensland, Australia, and what a fantastic place.  Noosa can be as busy or relaxing as you want it to be........ we fitted in some horse riding, kayaking, shopping, lots of swimming, and a whole lot of reading and relaxing!  I also managed to squeeze in a trip to The Patchwork Angel in Forest Glen, what a wonderful shop, I had a good old discussion with my credit card there, but of course I won in the end... lol ..... and some lovely goodies came home with me.

I believe it is Friday Night Sew In tonight, sadly for my sewing, we won't be home tonight, but I might try and sneak in a couple of hours stitching this afternoon instead.  I have a sick girl home from school today with a nasty head cold, so the perfect reason for a day indoors for me too!


If you're joining FNSI this month I hope you have an enjoyable evening stitching tonight, and I will catch up with you all again soon.


Take care ............. Nicky


PS: I've just had a look back to February on my blog and realise I didn't share a pic of Janis' finished Stitching Round the Block piece, so here it is...... Janis stitched Round 1, Raewyn stitched Round 2, Janis stitched Round 3(she and Leanne each did their own round threes) and I stitched Round 4 for Janis ...finally!!!  Thanks to Helen of Hugs and Kisses for a great round robin pattern and to Janis, Raewyn and Leanne for putting up with me!


21 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Nicky, welcome back... glad you dad is doing so well... yes, our friends and family really pull together at times of need.... hope you feel better soon.... and I love the stitchalong top.... so pretty
Hugz

Susan said...

Lovely to have you back, and hear that your family is well. Noosa is a great spot for a family holiday, glad you enjoyed it. Enjoy your night out.

Carol said...

Good to hear your dad is recovering well, Nicky... It's so hard to watch our parents age. Hope he's back to normal very soon!

Your week in Noosa sounds lovely--glad you were able to get away with the family. Looking forward to seeing more projects when you get some time :)

Anonymous said...

good to have you back Nicky,hope yur little girl gets better soon.So glad your dad is doing so well,and what a lovely block,your holiday sounds like heavon,take care.xx

suzitee said...

Welcome back Nicky...I've missed you :)
Great to hear that your Dad is on the mend, and hope your girl is heading in that direction too. I'm a bit the same with my sewing/crafting...can't seem to find the time or the energy for anything much lately. Hopefully we'll both make a comeback soon!
Love and hugs xx

Deb said...

Nice to hear from you Nicky and its true life just gets in the way at times and we have to go with the flow. I can vouch for that. So pleased to hear things are looking good for your Dad. Noosa is beautiful isn't it, we loved it when we went over too.
Pleased you're back but remember no pressure.
hugs

Michelle said...

Great news about your Dad and great to have you back!

Raewyn said...

HELLOOOO! great to see your name come up on my blog list. Best wishes for your dad's recovery. Your holiday sounds fabulous, too. Great to see janis' SATB :-)

Annie said...

So glad to see a post from you Nicky. And I'm happy to hear that your Dad is making good progress.

Take care..

Aunty Bee said...

So glad your back Nicky and here's hoping Dad's feeling better. That horrible head cold seems to be doing the rounds at the moment.Looking forward to seeing your beautiful stitchings soon.

Lyn said...

Welcome back to blogging...the weather has been cold of late so I'm sure your little girl will be cosy and warm at home...must be good to know your dad is recovering so well...a lovely round robin project

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great to hear your Dad is doing well...oh Noosa how lovely, glad you were able to get away and have a break...the round robin top is so pretty...

Leanne said...

Welcome back to the land of blogging. Life sounds like it't thrown a curve ball - pleased your dad is doing well!
Round robim looks great, it's been so interesting seeing how all the different colours worked with each others.
Love Leanne

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Oh I too called into the Patchwork Angel when we were over on the Sunshine Coast on our recent holiday. Great shop! Made my husband follow the back roads - thank goodness for GPS - to find it. Could also have hammered the credit card but managed to control the urge and stuck to buying a fabric that is perfect for a black/white/red quilt that I plan to make this year.

Maria said...

So glad to see you back Nicky and that your Dad is doing well.

Helen said...

Great to see you back!

Wendy said...

So nice to see you back Nicky, sorry to hear your father has been unwell, I hope he is recovering now. Your cushion is beautiful.

Josie said...

Lovely to have you back Nicky... you was missed! ;o)
I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad has been ill. I hope he continues to make a good recovery and is back on par really soon. Hope your daughter recovers quickly too. Hugs....

Katrina said...

Hello Nicky, wonderful to see your back "here". I've also missed your posts :)
I hope your Dad is doing well and has a good recovery. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday.
Lovely stitching on Christmas Garden too,I look forward to watching your progress. Take care and have a good week!

Chookyblue...... said...

hey Nicky........welcome back.........wonderful news your Dad's going well........hope we see you posting again soon......

carole brungar said...

This is looking very pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails