Wednesday 7 April 2010

It's been a while ........

Since I had an update here.  I hope you had a fabulous Easter, our girls are now on school holidays for two weeks, they are both due for a well-earned rest.  In about 10 days time we are going on a family holiday to the Gold Coast, Australia with another family.  Everyone is very excited, it is the girls first time on a plane since they were babies(they're now 7 & 9), and they are also anticipating lots of fun at Dreamworld, Seaworld etc.  Their passports arrived recently, and that just raised the excitement level a little more.   We are leaving right at the end of the school holidays, so they are also pretty pleased to be getting an extra week off school! 

During Easter we visited Te Anau, a lakeside town in Fiordland.  We took our jetboat and got a couple of days in playing on the lake.  It is getting pretty cool down South now, but we all rugged up to keep warm and had lots of fun.  Friends of ours were there as well with their boat, so all the children had a great time too.  A bit cold now for waterskiing and tobogganing but the kids had a go at  fishing(with not a lot of success tho!)  Boats look a bit squished in this pic - oops!


Fiordland is one of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand, and one of the most popular places for overseas visitors is Milford Sound, which you get to via Te Anau.  If you ever get the chance to visit there, it is unforgettable scenery.  We didn't drive into Milford this trip, but will take the girls there one day soon.  

In stitching news, in a moment of madness yesterday, I signed up for a Stitch Along for A Gardener's Journal quilt, designed by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched.  I have had this book for some time, and am hoping that the inspiration of others all stitching the same thing at the same time will give me the encouragement to get this quilt finished.  It really is so beautiful, with lots of stitchery and simple piecing.  Below are the fabrics I intend using.  The fabric under the book is the gorgeous floral border fabric I purchased for this a couple of years ago.  

Over Easter I have continued stitching on my Lizzie Kate Christmas series, sorry still no pics though, but I am about half way done now.  I am determined not to abandon it now, and to actually finish it. Wish me luck!!

OK, time to get some dinner for everyone, catch you again soon.

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

seems everyone is "mad" and signed up at as moment of weakness but just imagine when we have all these quilts finished in 9-10 months time...........lol......

Rowyn said...

Have a wonderful holiday to Australia. I am sure it will still be nice and warm over there, it's certainly starting to cool off here.

Ooh, I love Fiordland. Lucky you getting to spend the weekend there.

I look forward to seeing your new quilt take shape. My older sister is a quilter, but the sewing gene missed me :-)

Siobhán said...

What beautiful pics of Fiordland! I'd love to go there someday. Enjoy your trip to Australia!

By Hoki Quilts said...

Have fun with the family 'over the ditch'. Our little town has just been knocked for six with a horrible tragedy.
The stitcheries are now churning through quite nicely however I'm still stumped as to what fabrics to use for the blocks and border.
hugs
Miche'le

Melanie said...

The quilt looks beautiful, we all have moments of madness. Enjoy your hols.

Anonymous said...

How fun boating!!! We are a boating family also. but it's so strange to hear you say it's getting cold now and we're (USA) just now getting into warm weather so we can go skiing and boating :-)
Have a great vacation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails